Saturday 23 June 2018

Depression Glass Tablescape



I fell in love with these dishes the first time I saw them... they seem so delicate and beautiful. The design is called Federal Georgian Lovebirds (I mean what is more delightful than 'lovebirds'!)


If you want to see the story of how I found them and got them home, click here.

Today I will show you how they all look on my table. 




I love the softness of the colour combination.

Here is how it came together:


Silver Charger 



White dinner Plate rimmed with silver
from my first china set


Green salad plate



White & silver bread and butter/dessert plate



Green berry dishes

Aren't those berry dishes adorable!!! They make me smile every time I look at them! (OK, maybe a little weird...)


The other parts of the table included:


The centrepiece

The pink runner is a piece of fine tulle that I've gathered in the middle to give more emphasis. I've set the two small plants in more berry dishes, and the glass candle holders are from a local thrift store. The candles are silver but I'm looking for a green that would complement the dishes.


Here you can see the crystal tea light holders; the cutlery (unnamed) and the napkins I used.


The stemware is Czechoslovakian, and called Thistle. I purchased it in 1980 and need to find more of it if I can!



Ah - the candles look a little straighter in this shot, I promise they weren't all wonky like they looked in the others...

Now I'm going to sign-off like Pat and Katie at The Welcomed Guest tablescaping blog (LOVE it!!!) by listing where I obtained the items used (I find that so helpful).

Thanks for stopping by!
Carol

Where it came from:
Tablecloth - Avon
Silver Chargers - Bed, Bath & Beyond
White & Silver Nikko "Renaissance" china (retired) - Sears 
Green Depression Glass Federal Georgian Lovebirds - eBay
"Thistle" Crystal - Panhandler 30 years ago
Glass taper holders - local Thrift store
Crystal tea light holders - a gift from my Mom ages ago
Miniature Plants - Michaels
Silver Tapers - Michaels
Tulle - Dollar Store

I'll be participating in the following this week:

"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/ 
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch: http://betweennapsontheporch.net


1 comment:

  1. I have always loved depression glass and collected some during the 70’s. I have the most pieces in the green, but I also love the pink and they are wonderful when paired together! Your table is very pretty pairing the green with the white and using the tulle! The plants are a perfect addition with the candle sticks! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

I read every one of your comments, and they mean a lot to me. I will try to answer any questions you may have concerning the posts. Thanks for taking the time to write!