Wednesday 20 June 2018

Tablescape #2, I think I'm getting better...

So, things are looking up! 

Shortly after I set my first (oh-so-simple) tablescape (here), I started looking on Kijiji for affordable china...

And WOW! Did I strike paydirt!! This is what I found:


A complete set of eight place settings of Czechoslovakian china with extra serving pieces for under $100 (Canadian). It's light, but very strong (I've dropped one already!!) And I love the colours! Lots of possibilities for mixing and matching.

So I picked it up, drove home, washed it all, and set the table...


After taking photos I realized I need to brush up my photography skills too... and I thought tablescaping was just about the dishes!!



The light blue tablecloth I've had for years, and the flatware as well (don't know the name!)

The blue water glasses are from Avon, and I love the pop it gives the table! The crystal wine glass is from my Czechoslovakian collection of red and white wine stemware. It's called "Thistle" and I've had it for about 30 years.


The centre piece is a bouquet of faux lily-of-the-valley. The napkins are a set I found on sale at a boutique shop several years ago. They are white damask with lace borders.

I hope you can see that I'm 'working on it'. Still no chargers but at least I'm layering the plates. 

Today I'm linking up with Vintage Charm Party, and Tablescape Thursdays, they are definitely worth a look!

Thank you for stopping by, and next time I have another 'find' to share with you.

Carol

10 comments:

  1. Definitely a gorgeous table. I love how the cobalt glasses picks up the blues in the plates. They are rich looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I just saw your tablescape posted to Between Naps on the Porch and the China takes my breath away! You found a real treasure and the table setting is stunning. Best wishes with your blog. I can’t wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita! Your comments inspire me! :D

      Delete
  3. Your table is very pretty. Your new find dishes do lend themselves to be mixed and matched many possibilities. I like the blue goblets with this setting. Welcome to this fun and creative land of tablescaping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. I love seeing everyone's tablescapes - they are so beautiful!

      Delete
  4. You'll find a lot of inspiration in that pretty china. I haven't seen many patterns of Czechoslovakian china -- oh, the possibilities! Glad to find another tablescaper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for leaving a message Sandra. I feel very lucky to have found such pretty china so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tablescape and such gorgeous dishes! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Cecilia! I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

I read every one of your comments, and they mean a lot to me. I will try to answer any questions you may have concerning the posts. Thanks for taking the time to write!